Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pushy

Context 1:

Nathan: Hey, Paul. What's up?

Paul: Nathan! I was about to call you.

Nathan: Really? What's going on?

Paul: I was wondering if you would like to make a donation to my basketball team... We need some money to buy new uniforms and...

Nathan: Paul, seriously! You already asked me this four times this week! I already made a donation!

Paul: I know! Thank you so much, but you know, if you make another $10.00 donation by the end of today, it would really help us!

Nathan: Paul, you have asked me so many times! I already made a donation and you keep asking for more... You are sopushy! Please stop!

Paul: OK... I understand! Well, in case you change your mind, please check our website.You can also make a donation at the front desk.

Nathan: WOW! I have to go! Don't call me!

Paul: Alright! Don't forget my team! We really need your help!

Context 2: 

Hi Bryan,

I am e-mailing you because I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Yesterday I reached my limit with you. I already told you we are just friends, but everytime we meet you insist on flirting and telling me how much you want us to be a couple!
I have made it very clear that I am not interested, but you don't seem to understand! 
I am tired of this! You are so pushy
Please don't contact me anymore... I wish you the best.

Becca

MEANING: A pushy person is someone who insists on something in order to have what he or she wants. A pushy person is aggressively persuasive.

No comments:

Post a Comment